UserEcho products help you to communicate effectively and resolve the needs of any business
UserEcho is an online customer support application in that allows to create helpdesk, ideas forum, livechat and knowledge base in one place that make it simple to provide great customer support.
Feedback Forum Solution
Do you need targeted feedback? Our Forum lets you create a space for your customers to openly and productively interact with you and each other in an organized way. Our statistics show this will help you to increase customer engagement, collect insights, optimize your processes and enhance brand ...
Keep track of customer conversations by converting them into tickets. Convert all incoming emails into tickets. Prioritize, categorize and assign them to the right people.
Knowledge Base Solution
Save your solutions, workarounds and best practices into your Treasure Box in order to be able to share knowledge and use for repetitive issues. Help your support team in reducing the time of response and in becoming more efficient.
Before you begin:
- Sign up for an UserEcho account.
- Set up a Connection, which is a source of users. Connections can be databases, social identity providers, or enterprise identity providers, and can be shared among different applications. You may set up more than one connection for use with SSO integrations.
Configure Auth0 SSO Integration
Enter a name for your SSO Integration, configure the following settings, and click Save.
|Callback URL||ACS URL from UserEcho's SAML settings like
Configure integration with UserEcho
To configure the integration with UserEcho, follow the steps below with the data shown in the Tutorial view (which will appear when you save the initial configuration settings).
- Go to your Project Settings
- On the main menu click on Integrations > Website > Single sign-on (SAML)
- Fill in the SAML SSO URL and the X.509 Certificate
- Save the changes
- Go to Project > Login settings
- Select SAML redirect as Login type
- Save the changes
Choose the connections to use with your SSO integration. Users in enabled connections will be allowed to log in to UserEcho. By default, all configured connections are enabled.
- Select the Connections view
- Toggle the sliders next to connection names to enable or disable them.