TrueBlue Identity Verification
TrueBlue provides Australian document identity checks
Within the Auth0 user signup process, an API call can be made to TrueBlue to request an identity check. TrueBlue sends an identity verification request to the user, who submits their details via a custom URL. TrueBlue completes the check with the Department of Home Affairs and stores the result (not content) of the check. Contact TrueBlue for more details and for additional document type checks.
No setup fees or approval processes. Pay only for the number of checks you need.
No personal identity documents are collected or stored. Reducing friction and data liability.
Solution certified by the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
How does TrueBlue work with Auth0?
- Auth0 extensibility engine methods
- Send an email on new user registration. Covered below.
- Redirect the user signing up to the TrueBlue verification page as part of the sign up process. (contact-us)
- Step Up Authentication
- User signs up normally but gets asked to verify their identity when they are trying to access or execute a privileged action. (contact-us)
Who's behind TrueBlue.ID?
TrueBlue is owned and operated by StackGo Pty Ltd (ABN 74 644 421 518). StackGo is a middleware platform powering App Extensions across multiple SaaS platforms. The document verification service is provided by the Department of Home Affairs acting for and representing the Commonwealth of Australia.
What's the price for Identity Checks?
Pricing starts at $49 for 20 attempted identity checks per month. We will let you know in advance if you are running out of checks during any month. Please note the document issuing provider within the government charges for every check, regardless of whether it passes, fails, or the details are incorrectly entered. To reduce the risk of rogue usage, we have entered a limit for 3 attempts per issued check.
What types of identity checks do you perform?
We currently support the three most popular Australian identity documents - Driver's License, Medicare, and Australian Passport.
We are planning to add Biometric challenges, Working Rights/Visa checks, Police checks, Covid vaccination checks, among others. Contact us if you need these or others.
How to use Auth0 Actions to create TrueBlue checks?
- Navigate to your Auth0 management portal and select the appropriate tenant
- Under the
Actionssub menu select
Post User Registration
- From the right click on
Install Actionand then click on
- Trigger a new user sign up and verify and ensure that they receive a check email.
How to get TrueBlue API key?
When logged in to your TrueBlue dashboard, use the left navigation bar and select
Account and then select
API keys. Create a new key from the panel and ensure that it has the
How do TrueBlue Identity Verification checks work with Auth0?
- New user signs up on the app secured by Auth0
- This triggers the
Post User Registrationaction and sends an email to the user with a unique link to complete their check
- User clicks on the link and completes the fields for one of Australian Passport, Medicare or Drivers Licence
- They get a success/fail message
Note: This answer assumes use of Auth0 actions to trigger on the
Post User registration. The exact flow will be different for other Auth0 extensibility options. It is possible to update the user metadata in Auth0 post verification in TrueBlue, please contact-us to discuss your needs.