TeleSign - Verify
Enables developers to build communications and account security SMS messaging into apps
Provide timely, personalized information through SMS-based alerts, reminders, notifications, invites, one-time-passcodes (OTPs) and other automated messages directly from websites or mobile applications. Experience increased user engagement, satisfaction rates, customer lifetime values (CLV) and faster growth.
Long Message Support
Separates SMS message over 160 characters based on device type and operator requirements and sends it to the user’s handset with instructions to reassemble the message back in the correct order as one SMS.
Utilize free regulatory assistance to mitigate Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) risks and adhere to worldwide content compliance.
Reliable Global Coverage
Reach and ensure message delivery to end-users in over 200 countries and territories and in 87 different languages.
You can send multi-factor authentication (MFA) text messages using TeleSign. Telesign provides two different APIs, both of which may be used alongside Auth0 to deliver multi-factor verification via text messages:
- The TeleSign SMS, with which you can build and manage SMS communications and security verification processes.
- The TeleSign SMS Verify, which helps you manage the SMS verification process and is available in the Enterprise plan.
Either the SMS API or the SMS Verify API may be used alongside Auth0 for MFA.
Note: The following steps will add text-message-based MFA to the login flow for the tenant in which you're working. We highly recommend testing this setup on a staging or development server before making the changes to your production login flow.
Before you begin:
- Make sure you have an Auth0 account and tenant. Sign up for free.
Set up the partner application
To configure your integration with TeleSign:
- Log in to your TeleSign portal (either the TeleSign Enterprise Portal or the TeleSign Standard Portal).
- Capture the Customer ID and API Keys from your TeleSign account.
Add the Action
- Select Add Integration (at the top of this page).
- Read the necessary access requirements and click Continue.
- Configure the integration using the following fields:
- TeleSign Customer ID
- TeleSign API Key
- Click Create to add the integration to your Library.
- Click the Add to flow link on the pop-up that appears.
- Drag the Action into the desired location in the flow.
- Click Apply Changes.
Activate custom SMS factor
To use the SMS factor, your tenant needs to have MFA enabled globally or required for specific contexts using rules. To learn how to enable the MFA feature, see:
The last steps are to configure the SMS Factor to use the custom code and test the MFA flow. Note: Once you complete the steps below, Auth0 will begin using this factor for MFA during login. Before activating this integration in production, please make sure you have configured all components correctly and verified on a test tenant.
- Go to Dashboard > Security > Multi-factor Auth and click the Phone Message factor box.
- In the modal that appears, select Custom for the delivery provider, then make any adjustments you'd like to the templates. Click Save when complete, and close the modal.
- Enable the SMS factor using the toggle switch to begin using this factor.
Test MFA flow
Trigger an MFA flow and verify that everything works as intended.
If you do not receive the text message, look in your tenant logs for a failed Phone Message log entry. To learn which event types to search, see the Log Event Type Code list, or you can use the Filter control to find MFA errors.
Make sure that:
- The Action is in the Send Phone Message flow.
- The secrets are the same ones you created in the steps above.
- Your TeleSign account is active (not suspended).
- Your phone number is formatted using the E.164 format.