Spryng offers the most secure and safe login with SMS authentication
Protect your customers from unauthorised access with Two Factor Authentication (2FA) or a One Time Password (OTP) via Spryng. Provide secure, reliable and fast one-time passwords and log-in codes to your customers.
Spryng is the SMS Authentication Specialist in Europe with all the certifications such as ISO27001 and NEN7510. More information and a free trial.
Highest Authentication Security Standard
Spryng is the only SMS provider in Europe with ISO and NEN certifications. We work according to the highest security standards. All data is encrypted, in transit (SSL certificates) and at rest (disk encryption for database storage).
Guaranteed fast delivery within 2 seconds
Spryng has direct connections with the mobile operators. We give authentication messages the highest priority. Your messages are always delivered within 5 seconds global with 1000+ networks connected in almost 200 countries.
The Number 1 in Service, Support & Quality
We advise, ask, help and listen 24/7. Our Technical Customer Experience Team replies within 1.5 minutes and resolves tickets on an average of 7.5 minutes.
You can send multi-factor authentication (MFA) text messages using Spryng and the Send Phone Message Action. Spryng provides an SMS messaging service that can be used by Auth0 to deliver multi-factor verification via text messages.
Note: The following steps will add text-message-based MFA to the login flow for the tenant in which you're working. We highly recommend testing this setup on a staging or development server before making the changes to your production login flow.
- Make sure you have an Auth0 account and tenant. Sign up for free.
- Sign up with Spryng and complete your profile and confirmation steps.
Set up Spryng
Go to the Security section on the user portal. Here, you can generate a REST API Key.
Add the Action
- Select Add Integration (at the top of this page).
- Read the necessary access requirements and click Continue.
- Configure the integration as directed.
- Click Create to add the integration to your Library.
- Click the Add to flow link on the pop-up that appears.
- Drag the Action into the desired location in the flow.
- Click Apply Changes.
Activate custom SMS factor
To use the SMS factor, your tenant needs to have MFA enabled globally or required for specific contexts using Actions. To learn how to enable the MFA feature, see:
The last steps are to configure the SMS Factor to use the custom code and test the MFA flow. Note: Once you complete the steps below, Auth0 will begin using this factor for MFA during login. Before activating this integration in production, please make sure you have configured all components correctly and verified on a test tenant.
- Go to Dashboard > Security > Multi-factor Auth and click the Phone Message factor box.
- In the modal that appears, select Custom for the delivery provider, then make any adjustments you'd like to the templates. Click Save when complete, and close the modal.
- Enable the SMS factor using the toggle switch to begin using this factor.
Test MFA flow
Trigger an MFA flow and verify that everything works as intended.
If you do not receive the text message, look in your tenant logs for a failed Phone Message log entry. To learn which event types to search, see the Log Event Type Code list, or you can use the Filter control to find MFA errors.
Make sure that:
- The Action is in the Send Phone Message flow.
- The secrets are the same ones you created in the steps above.
- Your Spryng account is active (not suspended).
- Your phone number is formatted using the E.164 format.