Reliably connect with global customers through the industry's most trusted SMS enabler
With Mitto and Auth0 you can reliably connect with global customers through the industry's most trusted SMS enabler. Mitto allows you to alert, notify, confirm and promote your message on the number one preferred channel for communications. We are designed to satisfy; with an average worldwide open rate of 98% SMS is the proven leader in driving positive customer experiences. Mitto is a cost efficient Auth0 sms solution being more economical than other A2P messaging, Mitto SMS also reduces missed appointment, delivery issue & account fraud costs.
Mitto is a robust and reliable platform backed by top-level support to integrate with your identity needs on Auth0.
Designed to Satisfy
With an average worldwide open rate of 98% SMS is the proven leader in driving positive customer experiences
Built for Scale
From regional startup to global enterprise, SMS supports the journey with seamless integration every step of the way
Intelligent, Automatic Routing
Messaging through a proprietary, proactive system that performs real-time evaluation of routes, switching from one to another in search of optimal deliverability
You can send multi-factor authentication (MFA) text messages using Mitto and the Send Phone Message Action. Mitto provides an SMS messaging service that can be used by Auth0 to deliver multi-factor verification via text messages.
Note: The following steps will add text-message-based MFA to the login flow for the tenant in which you're working. We highly recommend testing this setup on a staging or development server before making the changes to your production login flow.
Before you begin:
- Make sure you have an Auth0 account and tenant. Sign up for free.
Set up the partner application
To configure your integration with Mitto:
- Create an account with Mitto.
- Obtain an API Key and a Sender ID that you can then use to invoke Mitto's AP
Add the Action
- Select Add Integration (at the top of this page).
- Read the necessary access requirements and click Continue.
- Configure the integration using the following fields:
- Mitto API Key
- Click Create to add the integration to your Library.
- Click the Add to flow link on the pop-up that appears.
- Drag the Action into the desired location in the flow.
- Click Apply Changes.
Activate custom SMS factor
To use the SMS factor, your tenant needs to have MFA enabled globally or required for specific contexts using rules. To learn how to enable the MFA feature, see:
The last steps are to configure the SMS Factor to use the custom code and test the MFA flow. Note: Once you complete the steps below, Auth0 will begin using this factor for MFA during login. Before activating this integration in production, please make sure you have configured all components correctly and verified on a test tenant.
- Go to Dashboard > Security > Multi-factor Auth and click the Phone Message factor box.
- In the modal that appears, select Custom for the delivery provider, then make any adjustments you'd like to the templates. Click Save when complete, and close the modal.
- Enable the SMS factor using the toggle switch to begin using this factor.
Test MFA flow
Trigger an MFA flow and verify that everything works as intended.
If you do not receive the text message, look in your tenant logs for a failed Phone Message log entry. To learn which event types to search, see the Log Event Type Code list, or you can use the Filter control to find MFA errors.
Make sure that:
- The Action is in the Send Phone Message flow.
- The secrets are the same ones you created in the steps above.
- Your Mitto account is active (not suspended).
- Your phone number is formatted using the E.164 format.