Streamline mobile identity proofing with address verification
Incognia enables real-time address verification for streamlined mobile onboarding, resulting in increased account conversion and reduced application fraud. It leverages device intelligence and anonymized location behavior to deliver highly precise address verification for frictionless onboarding.
Incognia’s lightweight mobile SDK and intuitive APIs are easy to integrate, can be used alone or as an input into existing risk engines, and provide financial services and mcommerce applications with actionable intelligence from day 1.
Minimizes friction at onboarding and recognizes trusted users with real-time address verification. Reduces the costs of manual reviews.
Works silently in the background, requiring no action by the user. Removes friction for legitimate users, increasing conversions and detecting fraud.
Detects mobile fraud using device intelligence and location behavior with low false positive rates. Monitors device integrity to uncover spoofing and emulators.
Incognia supports mobile identity verification processes by leveraging device intelligence and location behavior to deliver highly precise address verification. This guide details how to use Incognia at new account onboarding in combination with Auth0, by installing both SDKs into your mobile app and activating a custom Action to communicate to Incognia servers.
As soon as your app starts, the Incognia SDK must be initialized. When the new user starts the sign up your app gets the Installation ID (provided by the SDK) to pass them through Auth0 as a custom parameter. Your app then initiates an authentication request to Auth0.
When executed, the Incognia Auth0 Integration communicates with the Incognia Onboarding API to gather the risk assessment for both the new device and user provided address. By default, the Integration relies on the existence of a
home_address property on the
user_metadata with the user mailing address. You can customize the field name to change the source of the address.
- An Auth0 account and tenant. Sign up for free.
- An Incognia account. Sign up here.
- A mobile app to install the Incognia SDK. The app must ask the user for location permission. Foreground location permission is mandatory and background is preferred.
Add the Auth0 Action
- Select Add Integration (at the top of this page).
- Read the necessary access requirements and click Continue.
- Configure the integration using the following fields:
- Client ID: The client ID obtained from Incognia's dashboard (My Apps > API Credentials)
- Client Secret: The client secret obtained from Incognia's dashboard (My Apps > API Credentials)
- Incognia Region: Optional: If you chose Brazil as the country when signing up at Incognia, please choose
Brazil. Otherwise, choose
- Home Address Property Name: Optional: Customize the name of the property that holds the user address
- Click Create to add the integration to your Library.
- Click the Add to flow link on the pop-up that appears.
- Drag the Action into the desired location in the flow.
- Click Apply Changes.
Integrate the Incognia mobile SDK
Incognia relies on a SDK that collects device and location behavior (Wi-Fi and GPS scans). Integrating the SDK gives you access to an Installation ID, which is used to interact with the Incognia APIs. Learn how to integrate the SDK by accessing the Auth0 partner page.
Using the Incognia risk assessment
The risk assessment result is made available on the
app_metadata user metadata property, which is accessible to downstream applications. You can either access it from other Actions or via the Management API. For suggestions on how to use the Incognia risk assessment, visit the Auth0 partner page.