Intelligent, Right-Sized Service Management Solution for the Modern Enterprise
Freshservice is a cloud-based service desk and IT service management (ITSM) solution that currently serves more than 40000 SMB, mid-market, and enterprise customers worldwide.
Freshservice is designed, using ITIL best practice, to help IT organizations to focus on what’s most important – exceptional service delivery and customer satisfaction. In addition to supporting their service desk and ITSM needs, these customers choose Freshservice based on ease to use, speed of setup, customer service, and affordability.
With Auth0 you can use SAML to enable Single-Sign On (SSO) and allow your users to log in once and use the same credentials to access Freshservice.
Do more with powerful automations
Automate repetitive tasks with powerful workflow automation and augment support with virtual agents & AI-powered chatbots
Accelerate service delivery
Integrate service management on a single platform to bridge silos, improve time to resolution, reduce costs and improve visibility
Deploy quickly and at scale
Rapidly develop enterprise-grade customizations with Freshservice’s no-code platform. Get expert onboarding, migration services and 24x7 support
Before you begin:
- Sign up for a Freshservice account.
- Set up a Connection, which is a source of users. Connections can be databases, social identity providers, or enterprise identity providers, and can be shared among different applications. You may set up more than one connection for use with SSO integrations.
Configure Auth0 SSO Integration
Enter a name for your SSO Integration, configure the following settings, and click Save.
|Callback URL||URL to which the user is redirected after login
- You will find the Callback URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) later in Freshservice configurations.
Configure integration with Freshservice
To configure the integration with Freshservice, follow the steps below with the data shown in the Tutorial view (which will appear when you save the initial configuration settings).
- Log into your Freshservice as an administrator.
- Go to Admin > Helpdesk Security.
- Click on the SSO toggle to enable it.
- Click on Edit SSO. Here you can find the ACS URL.
- Map the following values from the Tutorial view:
- Entity ID provided by the IdP: Issuer
- SAML SSO URL: Identity Provider Login URL
- Security certificate: Copy the contents of Identity Provider Certificate
- Select Only Signed Assertions in the Signing Options
For more details, you can follow Freshservice docs.
Choose the connections to use with your SSO integration. Users in enabled connections will be allowed to log in to Freshservice. By default, all configured connections are enabled.
- Select the Connections view
- Toggle the sliders next to connection names to enable or disable them.