DataGuard Consent & Preference Management
Capture, retain and grow consent as part of the customer journey
- Connect your authentication and sign-up flows with DataGuard to collect customer consent and preferences across multiple touchpoints.
- Be GDPR, CCPA, PECR, ePrivacy compliant from day one using DataGuard and Auth0 together.
- Use Consent and Preferences to tailor user experiences and improve customer engagement.
- Empower your customers to manage their consents via DataGuard integrations across your Auth0-enabled applications.
- Get up and running in less than 15 minutes.
Increase opt-ins by progressively capturing consents
Make consent part of the customer journey and only ask for information when it is needed. DataGuard consent and preference management reduces consent fatigue, increases opt-ins and improves customer.
One source of truth for customer consent
Centralise consents and preferences to ensure your customers get a consistent and up to date view. Use your existing Auth0 IDs to centralise consents across multiple systems, so no personal data is required.
Rest easy knowing you’re compliant with privacy regulations
With decades of data privacy expertise, DataGuard ensures the detailed and automated audit trail of consent, collected across multiple systems, satisfies evolving global privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, LGPD PECR).
1 - Overview & Set-up
DataGuard Consent & Preference Management provides an integration to extend Auth0's universal login to include collection of consent as part of the login flow.
Please note DataGuard Consent & Preference Management was formally known as Consentric by MyLife Digital. We are in the process of updating all references to DataGuard in the platform, so you will see both names used inter-changeably until this work is complete.
1a - How It Works
The diagram above shows how authenticating with Auth0 can be extended to include a redirect to a page containing a DataGuard widget.
The authenticating user can then interact with the widget recording their permissions in a progressive manner.
On submission, the Auth0 authentication flow completes.
1b - User
Once enabled for a tenant an entry will be created in the user's
app_metadata on login.
- In order to reflect a user's consents for the login flow, a token is generated and stored for a user on login.
- This token is stored in the user's
app_metadataunder the namespace
- The integration will then pass this value to the associated web page by appending the value to the URL
The integration will manage all aspects of this for you but adequate space will be needed in
app_metadata to accommodate the token and expiry for the user.
2 – Installation
2a - Pre-requisites
- An active Auth0 account (you can sign up for free here)
- A DataGuard Consent & Preference Management instance. To sign-up, go here and complete the submission form (we will recreate on the DataGuard website shortly).
- A webpage where all users are redirected to at the point of login and where the Progressive Widget can be embedded into. You can use a DataGuard hosted page if you wish, this is created for you at sign-up (the URL is provided in your welcome email).
- DataGuard API Client details (sent to you in your sign up email)
2b - Setup page with Progressive Widget
The example flow works by redirecting out of Auth0's login flow to a hosted webpage containing a Progressive widget. DataGuard has created a hosted page for you to test the integration; details are provided in your welcome email under
If you wish to use a page that is hosted by your organisation to display the widget, please follow the instructions here.
3 - Add the Auth0 Action
- Select Add Integration (at the top of this page).
- Read the necessary access requirements and click Continue.
- Configure the integration using the following fields:
- Auth Host: The URL to authenticate against for your DataGuard API token, like
- API Host: The Dataguard API host URL, like
- Audience: The name of the Dataguard API being called, like
- Client ID: The Dataguard ClientId issued to you
- Application ID: The Dataguard ApplicationId issued to you
- Redirect URL: The URL of the page containing the Progressive widget built above
- Client Secret: The Dataguard ClientSecret issued to you
- Click Create to add the integration to your Library.
- Click the Add to flow link on the pop-up that appears.
- Drag the Action into the desired location in the flow.
- Click Apply Changes.