Global SMS using direct routes for rapid, reliable delivery
ClickSend SMS and Auth0 means your valuable authentication text messages get delivered on time, anywhere in the world. Removing the customer frustration of waiting for 2FA messages to arrive, or not.
ClickSend is a world leading, GDPR compliant SMS gateway that powers billions of messages globally using Tier 1 direct routes. ClickSend takes message delivery very seriously.
ClickSend is an SMS Service provider which can be used with Auth0 to send multi-factor authentication (MFA) messages. You can configure ClickSend as SMS Provider by following below steps to create a Send Phone Message custom action in Auth0 platform.
- An active Auth0 account (you can sign up for free here)
- An active ClickSend account (you can sign up for free here)
- Copy your ClickSend username and API key on the ClickSend Dashboard
Add the Action
- Select Add Integration (at the top of this page).
- Read the necessary access requirements and click Continue.
- Configure the integration using the following fields which are found here:
- ClickSend Username
- ClickSend API Key
- Click Create to add the integration to your Library.
- Click the Add to flow link on the pop-up that appears.
- Drag the Action into the desired location in the flow.
- Click Apply Changes.
Activate custom SMS factor
To use the SMS factor, your tenant needs to have MFA enabled globally or required for specific contexts using Actions. To learn how to enable the MFA feature, see:
The last steps are to configure the SMS Factor to use the custom code and test the MFA flow. Note: Once you complete the steps below, Auth0 will begin using this factor for MFA during login. Before activating this integration in production, please make sure you have configured all components correctly and verified on a test tenant.
- Go to Dashboard > Security > Multi-factor Auth and click the Phone Message factor box.
- In the modal that appears, select Custom for the delivery provider, then make any adjustments you'd like to the templates. Click Save when complete, and close the modal.
- Enable the SMS factor using the toggle switch to begin using this factor.
Test MFA flow
Trigger an MFA flow and verify that everything works as intended.
If you do not receive the text message, look at the tenant logs. Look for a failed SMS log entry. To learn which event types to search, see the Log Event Type Code list, or you can use the Filter control to find MFA errors.
Make sure that:
- The Action is in the Send Phone Message flow.
- The secrets are the same ones you created in the steps above.
- Your ClickSend account is active (not suspended).
- Your phone number is formatted using the E.164 format.